Five foods adored by the masses that I could happily do without:
- Watermelon – Sorry summer, please give me cantaloupe instead. And could we make fake watermelon flavor illegal?
- Roasted red peppers – If I wanted to eat a slug, I would.
- Capers and their big brother caperberries – Yes, I will eat a few on my lox. Yes, one or two can kiss my piccata, but it needs to stop there. I will gladly trade you for your gherkins
- Fennel – is an accent, a garnish, a slight top note, an enhancer. Please do not grill it and try to pass it off as a substantial part of a meal. Please do not shave it on my pizza.
- Artichokes – taste like fish to me which is really strange for a vegetable.
Five foods disdained or feared by the masses that I happily enjoy:
- White anchovies on green olives – reminds me of Holland
- Hot Grainy Mustard – versatile, assertive, underrated condiment
- Salted Crunchy Peanut Butter – by the spoonful
- Blood oranges – beautiful, piquant, delicious
- Quinoa – tasty and just oozes wholesomeness