I started this on Tuesday. Can I get credit for that?
Globally organized is not my default mode. I manage to keep everything together most of the time by having good peripheral vision. My focus is on the priorities in front of me, but I zip frequent glances at the annoying details (like laundry) so I catch up with them (mostly) just before they teeter into uncontrollable chaos.
In that universe being busy is actually an organization strategy, if I have enough priorities than I am likely to mess one up if the annoying details are not tended to, so I tend them. This works incredibly well up to a point. Unfortunately that point seems to be a moving target.
Things I hate about being busy:
- Chronic fatigue
- Skipping my workout
- Reduced or zero me-time
- The urgent, panicky feeling close to deadlines when X just isn’t quite right
- Having to say ‘no’
Things I…okay like about being busy:
- If I’m really busy it usually means I’m inspired and pursuing activities and relationships that I really value.
- It makes me more organized.
- Coffee – I save it for tough times and it works..
- Being really productive
- That ‘Ahhhhh’ moment when the busy period ends.
Just a couple more weeks :)