Because dessert should really be a part of every meal. And August is national Peach Month.
Single Serving Gingerbread Fresh Peach Ice Cream Sundae
- Take a thick piece of gingerbread, put it in a bowl.
- Halve, then slice one fresh, ripe peach.
- Use the peach slices to hide the gingerbread.
- Top with a mound of vanilla ice cream (enough to come out even with the bites of peach-slice layered gingerbread).
If you have some on hand (and are so inclined) you could finish it with:
- a sprinkle of diced crystallized ginger
- Hard sauce, caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce,
- Marmalade or peach preserves would also be good.
I’m sorry I don’t have my sexy food photography together yet, but take my word for it, delicious!